Thursday, 21 October 2010

Unique hand-drawn gifts

I've been thinking about a product I could offer for sale that would appeal at Christmas and for general gift giving throughout the year. Something personal, unique and affordable. Is it possible? Well...

Here's the idea: you email me a favourite photo of a family member, partner or friend and I draw you a portrait of them. There are various price options, starting from an A5 sized black and white pencil sketch for just £40 plus P&P. Larger sizes and colour versions will also be available.

I wanted to make these affordable because how many people ever get their portrait drawn? It's an experience that doesn't happen to most of us but by starting with a small and simple option, it cuts down on my time and materials, meaning I can pass the saving on to you. Your favourite photo can be emailed to me to work from, meaning there is no additional postage charge and no chance of losing that treasured image in the post.

Christmas isn't the only opportunity for gifts like this; perhaps you have a relative that you don't see too often who would appreciate a picture of your offspring. Perhaps a friend is getting married and you have a favourite image of the happy couple. You might have an ancient picture of a family ancestor from years gone by or maybe a relative from more recent times who is still remembered fondly. These are just a few of the options and I'm sure there are many more.
Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you full details.

No comments:

People say be careful what you wish for.
I only ever wanted to scribble and eat chocolate all day.
Now I do.
Let's see what happens.