Friday, 1 October 2010

Surprise leaving gifts - double whammy



Recently I was contacted by a friend of a friend to do a drawing for a leaving present. His sister was leaving London to return to America and the picture was to be in a fashion sketch style, showing the sister and her dog in a London street scene.
Whilst this was going on, I received a second call, this time from my new client's colleague. He'd heard about the fashion sketch picture and thought that, as my client was also leaving for America at the same time as his sister, perhaps I could secretly draw a picture of him as well. This one would be a caricature, showing an occasion that was particularly memorable from his stay in England.
If you're still with me at this point, let's just say that the second picture was successfully kept secret from its recipient and both parties were pleased with the results.

No comments:

People say be careful what you wish for.
I only ever wanted to scribble and eat chocolate all day.
Now I do.
Let's see what happens.