Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Some of my favourites from the Argentan exhibition








The exhibition in Argentan was an amazing experience; a chance to meet new friends, make valuable contacts and be inspired by art and France. The artwork was of a phenomenal standard as you can see here. One day while stewarding, I made a wishlist of my favourite ten pictures and jotted down the price. Sadly I didn't have eight thousand euros going spare or I'd have bought them all.
As well as exhibiting, I also got the chance to do a cartooning workshop to a class of five year olds. I was probably the first Englishman they'd met and they thought my accent was hilarious; still, I struggled on with my creaky GCSE French and they seemed to enjoy themselves.

After ten days, I returned with an awful lot of unburnt calories and luggage. We put all the bags that I'd carried up and down the huge ramps of the ferry onto the scales and they came to seven stone. After all the fine food and wine, I wasn't brave enough to get on the scales myself.




No comments:

People say be careful what you wish for.
I only ever wanted to scribble and eat chocolate all day.
Now I do.
Let's see what happens.