Wednesday, 27 June 2007

Two days left until I become a freelancer


On this blog you'll find all the latest news on my work, my new designs and details of various off-shoots and sidelines.

Firstly, here's my online gallery:
http://www.peterbellinghamillustration.co.uk
which went live just over a week ago and I'm very proud of it.

The other important website to mention at the moment is:
http://www.spice.co.uk/scooter_McKenzie

which contains a selection of merchandise featuring my cartoons. There are t-shirts, mousemats and linen carrier bags (very green and eco friendly). There are plans for many more designs in the future too.
In an effort to publicise them I sent the image above to 'Beers of the World' magazine
telling them that a professor had invented a lager with all your daily vitamins and nutrients in it and gave a link to the teeshirt website.

The next day the Editor wrote back:
"Thanks for getting in touch. I love the inventive marketing technique and
can probably find room for this in the magazine."


So it pays to be cheeky. Cheers!

No comments:

People say be careful what you wish for.
I only ever wanted to scribble and eat chocolate all day.
Now I do.
Let's see what happens.